Home Care Assistant - Junior and Senior Roles
Join us in our campaign to provide better care! Please fill in the form below.
- To assist in the daily living needs of the service user, e.g. getting up and putting to bed, personal care, toileting, monitoring of pressure areas, care of hair and oral care.
- Using manual handling equipment, assisting with mobility.
- Meal preparation and feeding assistance.
- To carry out household duties, e.g. shopping, housework and laundry as required on the care plan.
- To be diligent and aware by constant observations of changes to the client’s mental and physical condition. To report these changes to the office / GP etc. as appropriate.
- Ensure that medication as detailed in the care plan and on the medication chart is administered to the client.
- Maintain accurate records.
- To encourage the service user to be mentally and physically active as appropriate.
- Any other tasks as requested by the office that is considered necessary.
- At all times to adhere to the policies and procedures as laid out in the carer handbook.
- Attend training as required.